Monday, June 2, 2014

Benjamin!

Wow so time flew by this past week! Our roommate sisters left :( Sister Marsh had to go home because she hurt her arm and Sister Swan, aka my twin got transferred :( It's so crazy how close you can get to someone is just 6 weeks!! I am so grateful for the friendships that I have made on my mission :) I know they are friendships for eternity! I love my mission. 
So I have some really exciting news! Patty, one of our investigators we have been teaching for the last 3 months will be getting baptized this next Sunday :) She says she cannot wait to be baptized! She knows that Satan is working hard on her and is trying to stop her from doing what Heavenly Father wants and needs her to do! I am so excited for her to make covenants with God and continue on the path to a better and happier life! The gospel literally is the happy and best choice!! I will forever be grateful for it in my life. It truly is my life. 
Benjamin is still on date for the 10th!! He reads the Book of Mormon like no one else that I have ever taught. He has come such a long way from being "Atheist" to now acknowledging that there is a God in Heaven who loves Him so much. The Lord is truly blessing us right now. All of our hard work for the past 2 transfers is paying off!
We are teaching la familia Vazquez, I know I have mentioned them before. They are so incredible. Hno Vazquez is so ready to be baptized, he eats everything up that we teach him. Hna is a little more hesitant; they lost their son due to a murder years ago and her heart has been hardened ever since, but slowly but surely her heart is being softened :) We had an amazing lesson with them the other day on the Plan of Salvation. I saw a light come into her eyes that I had never seen before when I testified of the spirit world and how her son is learning the gospel right. We told them that their son is waiting for them to accept this gospel and preform their sacred ordinances in the temple. Oh how Hno loves the temple!! She looked at me and said with a smile on her face, "That would be nice if only I knew if it were true." I then told her that she could KNOW!! I know that the Father of all living is the one who answers our prayers, he gives us comfort and loves us unconditionally. 
I received one of the most beautiful blessings the other day. I received so many answers to my prayers and comfort. I know that the Elder who gave me the blessing was only the mouth piece for our Heavenly Father. I felt overwhelming love of our Heavenly Father during the whole blessing. I am so grateful for the power of the priesthood. I know that it was restored through a living prophet, Joesph Smith. I know that our Heavenly Father loves us so much and doesn't want us to lost in this world that is slowly dwindling more in more in unbelief. He wants us to know what HE wants for us, so He has given a guide who can help us to know what we as His children must do in order to return to live with him again :) I am so grateful to have a living profeta and to have the restored gospel of Jesus Christ on the earth again. 
I love all of you and hope you have a fantastic week!! :) 
Your favorite Californian,
Hermana Shea McCartt

Benjamin and His BOOK OF MORMON I don't know if you can see all of the little yellow stickies, but those are all the chapters he has read! He just started from the beginning

 Sister Swan and Marsh leaving me :(

Kathy and I.. She wants to serve a mission!

Our Elders

No comments:

Post a Comment