Monday, June 30, 2014

WARNING

WARNING: THIS IS A LONG ONE.
Well this was quite the week! It was definitely one of learning and growing. My already firm testimony of the Book of Mormon has been fortified and refined. I love the Book of Mormon. I know that anything we are going through we can receive peace and tranquility as we turn to the Book of Mormon. It is my rock! I know that the promise that is in it; that if we read it we will find more peace in this life than by reading any other book, is true. I know because I have done it over again, and each time my testimony of that truth grows :) Ahhh I love the Book of Mormon! I know that it is the reason that Benji wanted to get baptized. The Book of Mormon and pray is how he had a change of heart and literally beliefs!! He claimed that he was "atheist" But he now know that there is a God in Heaven who love him so much. With his permission I enclose a text message that he send to us the night of his baptism:
"The day of my baptism, I focused all my mind on all the positive outcomes. Thinking about change usually scares. So I knew this was only good. Though, I was aware this weren't gonna get any easier, deep down I knew Id be lent some strength, a more sustainable amount of strength to keep me going when life gets hard. Before the initiation, everything seemed so surreal. The nerves all the anxiety completely went away. To the point where it seemed as if I had blocked out, and I wasn't actually there. AS If I were an out of body experience. Reflecting upon all the drastic changes I had gone through in such a short period of time, the person I was, am and the person I want to become. How only a few months ago I had convinced my self that there was absolutely no God, as if I had figured it all out. I was extremely wrong and I am amazingly happy I was. Labeling myself as an atheist was something I had picked up to rebel against what I thought to be the norm. As I saw before, all the corruption and chaos in this world was now so ordinary. And so I saw it all with one name, and that was God. So I'd thought my intentions were always good, but in reality , I was only rebelling against positively, the main power source, God. AS I was submerged into water, I come back, and I felt so light when I emerged out breathe. I knew I was now part of something, something bigger than me. I feel like I have a purpose now. I know I did this one thing right and it feels great. There's thing feeling in me, like an everlasting fire that was once burning dim, and now it flame is burning stronger than ever before, and bright, like the phoenix rising, I felt the helping hand  if the holy spirit, bringing me out of darkness just as it was about to consume me whole. There's these emotions my heart can't forget, but there's  this new and somewhat irrational joy, that I know, can overshadow then, and so out of ll the ugliness in my life I can focus more on all the blessings I have. All the negativity was dragging me down, this experience is only once, and short lived, I want to live off God, I want to live right for everything seemingly, unfortunate event. I'll pick out spec by spec the beauty that will came from it. So i actually know, that that irrational sense of joy is God inside. I know this church is right for me, It was one of the best decisions I've made, and I'm actually excited about it. I know that perhaps I seem unappreciative  or even come of rude sometimes, but in reality I have somewhat of an extreme shyness, ha ha if that's even a thing, but I really distorts how I try to express my self, and it's always being an obstacle. But I'm stoked I met you guys, because I don't know if I would've kept squandering in denial still. seen just how strong your faith is, gave me hope, and made me realized just how weak I've been. So I really admire the both of you :) and my faith  is growing even stronger with each prayer." -Benjamin Vera 
Sorry for the huge email but I just wanted to share with you. This is why people go on missions. This is why we stay. This is why it's "the best two years" Or year and a half :) Because we have the amazing opportunity to be instruments in the hands of God in leading His children back to the fold of Christ!
Seeing hermano Vazquez and Benjamin receive the Holy Ghost this past week was amazing. I felt a difference come into the room when they received it. I am so grateful for Holy Ghost "a member of the Godhead, bears witness of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. He is the source of personal testimony and revelation. He can guide us in our decisions and protect us from physical and spiritual danger. He is known as the Comforter, and He can calm our fears and fill us with hope. Through His power, we are sanctified as we repent, receive saving ordinances, and keep our covenants. It is through the influence of the Holy Ghost that we receive knowledge of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and feel Their power, goodness, and love." We must always remain worthy of it's Divine power.One of our members bought Benji a white shirt and tie so he wore it!! He looks like he's been a member his whole life! They were both blessed with the ability to share the gospel with their families and those around them. I love the priesthood and am eternally grateful that we have been blessed by a loving Heavenly Father who loves us enough to allow us the blessing of having his gospel once again on this earth :) 
We are blessed!! I love you all! Thank you for your love and prayers sent on my behalf! I feel it! Devy, keep working hard and finish strong! I love you!! 
-Hermana Shea McCartt
Aka your favorite Californian missionary
My girls :)



Crazy dog that jumped the fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment