Monday, July 7, 2014

Transfers!

So transfers are this week and I am staying!! This is by far the longest that I have been in an area! I am excited for the chance that I have to be here yet another transfer! I know we have so much work to do and I AM READY FOR IT!! Hna Thomas, my old roommate in my last area is my new companion!! :) I am excited to learn more and work with her :) 
This morning I was reading in Preach my Gospel about how we need to bear testimony frequently. And I know that that goes for missionaries and members. I had heard that over and over again before my mission but it was something that I never took much thought in. But now as a missionary I see the importance of it and how the spirit speaks so strongly through a sincere testimony. “Regarding one’s testimony, remember, that which one willingly shares he keeps, while that which he selfishly keeps he loses. … Teach and testify.There is no better combination.” –Elder Thomas S. Monson 
I thought that it was pretty ironic that I read that this morning because I just so happened to bear my testimony in sacrament yesterday. I don't tend to do it too often here because I figure the members and our investigators hear my testimony all of the time and plus speaking Spanish in front of a whole congregation of people is something that makes me so nervous haha. Well anyway, as I walked up to the pulpit yesterday with my heart pounding heavily in my chest. I bore a simple testimony, but as I did so I felt so strongly that the things that I bore witness of were true. My testimony was strengthened as I bore it. As a missionary it is so easy to bear testimony everyday, and not being a missionary I think sometimes we forget that we need to do it. In small and simple ways it can be done. Sharing a scripture or a quote by an apostle on the internet is an excellent way of doing it.  "And now I, Nephi, cannot write all the things which were taught among my people; neither am I mighty in writing, like unto speaking; for when a man speaketh by the power of the Holy Ghost the power of the Holy Ghost carrieth it unto the hearts of the children of men." 2 Nephi 33:1
I know as we share short powerful testimony not only will those around us be strengthened but we will as well :) 
Sorry this isn't the best email that I have written, my mind is going a million miles per hour with all of the craziness that is happening!! 
I hope that you all have a great week :) 
Love you all! Devy baby finish up strong!!! I LOVE YOU!!
<3 Hermana McCartt





No comments:

Post a Comment